Zeiss LSM 510 META
Inverted laser scanning confocal microscope with multiphoton (NLO) laser This confocal is on an inverted motorized Zeiss Axiovert 200 microscope. This microscope has the multi-channel META detector for spectral imaging. The multiphoton/two-photon laser (MP, a category of nonlinear optics, NLO) allows for deeper imaging of tissues. This microscope has a manual stage and no incubation. Two-photon imaging can be done with the NDD detectors as well as the internal detectors. Location: Beckman Institute Basement Room B133G.
• This inverted microscope has the LSM 510 Scan head
with 3 PMT detectors, 8 channel spectral detector (META), 2 GaAsp
NDDs and 1 detector for transmitted light.
• 5 Laser lines: 3 from Argon and 2 from solid state lasers.
• Coherent Chameleon II multiphoton (2P) tunable Laser.
• NDDs are for imaging with the multiphoton laser and are more sensitive than PMTs.
• Manual X,Y stage and motorized Z focus.
• Internal PMTs allow for far red imaging of NBT autofluorescence.
Technical Specifications: Scope: Zeiss Axiovert 200M
Laser Lines: 458 nm, 488, 514, 543, 633, Tunable 2P Laser 690-1020
OS/Software: Windows XP Pro, Zeiss AIM Software Rel.3.2 SP3
Removable Media: DVD Burner, available USB hub, Network Access.